Magnet

Ace is the Place!

Ace is the Place!

ACE Owners & History

 

ACE DRIVE-IN OPENS IN 1949!

The ACE DRIVE IN has a long history. It has been a fixture in Joliet for 66 years! It was created in 1949 by Harold & Irene Voitek who ran the business until 1963 when it was sold to Bill & Ardie Youngren. The Youngren's ran the business until it was sold to the Pierson brothers, Rich & Tom in 1983. The Pierson's still run the Drive-In and are now in their 34th season! The original building was actually moved from another location in Joliet to the vacant farm land on the corner of Rt. 30 & Ingalls Ave, where it still sits today. The building was added on to in the early years and many improvements have been made since. Today, the ACE is one of the oldest continually operating restaurants in the area. It's proud of the fact that many generations have grown up loving the ACE.  Bet you didn't know that the ACE was open for business before the place with the arches was even selling french fries!

 

Ace 1949 Owners